When you sign up for the inaugural Best Horse Practices Summit, you become part of a movement. It’s a movement to step up your game and to rededicate yourself to improving your horse-human connection. Prepare yourself for many ah-ha moments. Your brain will be buzzing.
We’ve designed the Summit to give you tangible skills and usable knowledge as you expand your awareness. We’ve worked hard to come at the task with a big lens. Riders of all disciplines stand to gain and be enlightened.
Early Bird registrants hale from Canada, New Mexico, Arizona, California, North Carolina, Maine, and Vermont. Among them are skilled and talented trainers – West Taylor, Amy Skinner, and Juliana Zunde.
The question really is not: Why go? It’s Why Not Go?
The 2017 Summit lineup:
- Wendy Williams, author of the best-selling The Horse: The Epic History of Our Noble Companion, will give the keynote address.
- Dr. Robert Bowker. For years, Dr. Bowker led the Equine Foot Laboratory at Michigan State University. His work has focused on the physiological function of the equine foot and has resulted in new recommendations that are leading to relief of navicular syndrome and other chronic foot ailments. Bowker’s research supports a revolutionary theory of how the equine foot responds to ground impact.
- Dr. Gerd Heuschmann. If you’ve heard of the rollkur debate, you’ve heard of Dr. Heuschmann. The
German veterinarian, rider, and author fueled the fire under the International Equestrian Federation in 2007 by releasing the now best-selling book, Tug of War: Classical versus Modern Dressage. He tours internationally.
- Dr. Sheryl King is a popular international presenter on equine behavior. She’s professor emeritus at Southern Illinois University and was elected a Fellow of the Equine Science Society in 2009. She has authored many scientific research publications as well as general horse articles and has spoken on horse management topics in more than a half dozen countries.
- Dr. Steve Peters & Martin Black are co-authors of the popular book and DVD, Evidence-Based Horsemanship. Dr. Peters is a skilled presenter and brings a wealth of neurological knowledge to the table. Black is an international clinician of stockmanship and horsemanship.
- Warwick Schiller is originally from Australia and now lives in California. His accomplishments include NRHA (National Reining Horse Association) Reserve World Champion and representing Australia in reining at the 2010 Alltech World Equestrian Games. He tours internationally and has a popular video subscription.
- Jim Thomas runs Bar T Horsemanship in Pittsboro, North Carolina. He has started scores of BLM wild horses and competed in multiple Extreme Mustang Makeovers. He travels and conducts
clinics year round.
- Randy Rieman and Bryan Neubert will join us for a very special evening of remembering horsemen Bill and Tom Dorrance, Celebrating the Dorrance Legacy. Read more
Additional Summit offerings:
- Fabulous Strater Hotel meals
- Meet-and-greet receptions
- Autograph sessions
- Trade Show
- Rider Fitness workout and core fitness elective by David Stickler
- Post-Summit field trip to visit a wild horse herd in nearby Spring Creek Basin.